Saturday, February 9, 2008

Change

I love this video. We watched it last semester in one of my education classes that was supposed to be teaching us about how diverse our future students would be. It amazes me that our world is changing so fast...my problems and my victories always seem so important to me, but when you put them up against some of the facts in this video, they aren't!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljbI-363A2Q

Greg and I are doing really well. We have been faithfully going to the gym and working out to the point where I feel like I'm going to break ;) On Thursday night we did free weights for upper body and I am so, so sore still! I love doing free weights, but I always get so intimidated going over there because my 15 pound weights look so tiny compared to the 90 pound weights some guys bench!

I told our COM group about my last post and they're all praying for me. And I can honestly say that I feel like I'm making progress. I knew this wouldn't be an overnight thing, but I feel God making changes in the way my mind works. A couple nights ago, I was running on the treadmill, and I actually thought my legs looked GOOD - muscular and strong. Which is definitely not something I've ever thought before. So change is happening in my brain :)

3 comments:

d.kunz said...

So I can't watch the video, but I do think its crazy how diverse life in the states is becoming. sure, we've been a hodgepodge for years, a melting pot from our inception. but it seems like every year there are less and less "this group" or "that group" neighborhoods and schools.

that's one of the few things I love about the Marine Corps, in fact: diversity. I've had to learn to communicate effectively with Californians, Californian/Mexicans, Mexican nationals, East Coasters, New Yorkers, Philadelphia Hardcores, and all the in betweens... and even it amazes me how diverse the US is... which means it'd blow my mind to realize how diverse the world is.


FYI: I read this a LONG time ago, but I didn't comment. but just because I don't comment doesn't mean I don't read, and that goes for others as well. so no more slacking off on your blogging, alright?!

Anonymous said...

heyyy LIB! i agree with Dustin... i check here all the time to see what's new with YOU, but you haven't posted anything in ages!!!!!!! =o) i guess i'll have to leave more comments!

=o) love YOU!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Plotter, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://plotter-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.