Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Years!

Happy New Years, everyone! I can't believe it's 2008...so exciting :) Greg and I have almost been married a year...how insane is that?! We rang in the new year last night by watching all of the Bourne movies - Bourne Identity, Bourne Supremacy, and Bourne Ultimatum. I hadn't seen any of them and I really enjoyed them (even though I fell asleep during the last one - 3 movies is a lot for me to watch in one night!) I usually don't do resolutions because I never actually keep them...but this year I decided to do New Years "Goals" that are much more attainable than the resolutions that I usually set.

1. Consistently work out 3 times a week.
I'm so bad about working out (lifting weights, not running) sporadically. I think it's partly because I hate it and would much rather be running...but I need to do it for my health. So my goal this year is to lift weights three times EVERY week. And then run on top of that when I can.

2. Write a letter to my grandparents every month.
I hate living far away from my family and I wish I could see them more, so I've decided to write my grandparents a letter monthly. They love getting mail (and so do I!) and I think getting letters from me every month would make them feel special. I really don't know how much longer my dad's mom is going to be around...and I'm definitely going to miss her a lot when she's gone. So I need to cherish the time I have left with her and not put my busy life above what means most in the world to me - my family.

3. Train the dogs.
Riley knows how to sit, but that's about it. I want them to sit, stay, come on command (this would be SO nice) and generally learn how to be well-behaved dogs. I think this might be the toughest goal so far...

4. Spend quality time with God.
I've gotten bad about slacking off on my quiet times...I will pray for a few minutes before I fall asleep and then call that "quality" time...and then I wonder why I'm not growing and getting closer to him. Makes a lot of sense, huh? So my goal is to spend time praying and reading and growing at least three times per week. I would love to do it every day, but I know that if that were my goal, I would probably fail within the first month. However, I will be reading my Bible every night before bed.

I'd love to hear all of y'alls resolutions (or goals!) Hooray for 2008!

1 comment:

d.kunz said...

did you know resolutions are a Babylonian tradition? they were days when the people would set aside to return borrowed farm equipment. Fun fact for ya...