Monday, September 3, 2007

Bad Blogger

I've been a bad blogger. I haven't posted in oh, four or so months? Bad blogger. But I'm back, and I'm committed. See, I need somewhere to record my thoughts about running and somewhere to go when my dear husband is playing Xbox or watching Flight of the Concords (which I do not find the least bit entertaining!)

Speaking of running. Saturday marked 5 miles with my group! I didn't even feel like I was running hardly at all. Let's hope that keeps up when we get into 18 and 22 mile workouts. But seriously...I've never had so much fun running before, and I have loved running since my freshman year of college! It used to be an escape from things...now, it is a social hour for me where I get to chat with people of all different walks of life while doing one of my favorite things...running! I even got giddy and excited over my new "girly" Ironman watch because I can set intervals on it. Yay for new watches, running, and Austin.

Classes are going well, work is as good as it's going to get for the next few months, and Greg and I are in the process of searching for a church. We went to the UT game last night (pictures to come later!) and so we were slackers...or I was a slacker, and we didn't go to church this morning. We're definitely going next weekend though. I pray that God will bless us with a group of friends. I need people. I need girl friends who I matter to and who matter to me. I need people that will notice if I'm not at church on Sunday and will call to check up on me later. And I know that God will fulfill my need for community. It's just a matter of me being patient and realizing that HIS timing is PERFECT. That's something I'm still working on.

It is bedtime for me, Riley, and Greg tonight! I promise to be back soon with more news from this little apartment in Austin, Texas.

In Christ Alone,

No comments: