Friday, October 5, 2007

Baby Rabies

I have my longest run to date tomorrow...10 miles! I'm excited, but nervous for some reason. I guess part of it is that my group leader is running the Chicago marathon and she is so motivating...it will be weird to run without her! I've got my water, gatorade, and "sport beans" all ready to go. We're required to have some form of nutrition on this run...I was going to use Gu, but I tried some of my dad's and I thought I was going to throw up. It's so thick and...well...gooey (hence the name, right?). It's definitely not for me. We'll see how these jelly beans with electrolytes in them actually work on a long run.

I had a bad dream last night...well, it was actually a really really good dream. But bad that I was dreaming it. I dreamed that I had a daughter, like a two day old infant. And it was such a wonderful feeling! Greg wanted to name her SaraLee (like the bread!) but I kept telling him no - we'd already decided on girls names for the baby and we were going to name her Charlotte. But he wouldn't listen and was ready to put SaraLee Johnson on the birth certificate ;) It made me laugh when I woke up! But now, this darn dream has unleashed this feeling inside of me that says, "You're married now! Time to have babies!" And my logical side is going, "Uh. No it's not. You're only 22. The 'ten year plan' says you have to be 26 before it's time to have babies." Why do babies have to be so soft and cuddly? And they smell so good! (well, most of the time anyways). I have baby rabies.

I made bread today!! Like, old fashioned, kneading the dough, yummy, delicious bread! I think I ate half of it...lots of carbs...I need fuel for my run tomorrow though, right? I think I'm going to buy a lot of yeast and just start baking all my own bread. It's fun...and the smell of bread baking in the oven is sinful. And delightful. And it makes me happy.

I took a really cute picture of Riley a couple nights ago. I'm very proud of how my photography skills are coming along! I'm going to go to a horse show tomorrow and take some pictures - I'm so excited!



Have a happy weekend...Oh yeah, and Hook'em!!

4 comments:

:0) said...

"I have baby rabies"

you are too cute miss Libby!!! soon enough, soon enough! i think it's funny that you and greg were arguing about names! thats funny!
i can't wait to be an aunt, i must say! what fun! =o)

jelly beans? i hope thats enough for you!!!
yeah, the gu. tim used to stick a bunch of them under his riding shorts when he would bike the 60miles in 5hrs up the mountains here. yeah it's gross, but it works! =o) haha... gu what a funny name.

love YOU!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

d.kunz said...

baby rabies... i was bit by a baby once. on the finger. but it was a young baby, and was thus incapable of inflicting any real physical pain in any place but the ears and nostrils

also, i think its funny you had a dream about Sara Lee and then woke up and started baking...

Maybe its God's way of telling you to name the baby Sara Lee. That way her sister, Betty Crocker, wont feel so ridiculous.

and correct me if I'm wrong, but that last person IS writing in a foreign language, right? "yes, i found your blog on google [and] this is a very interesting post..."?

:0) said...

i think it's Portuguese!!!! when i was in Brasil we alwas said oi (hi!). =o) hahahaa