Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Dear Car-Honker,

I'm so very sorry that I gave you the wrong impression this morning while I was jogging. You see, three or four times a week, I put on my tank top, my running shorts, my tennis shoes, and my blue watch. And I go outside and I proceed to jog (and walk every three minutes, but that's beside the point.) And somehow, today, I gave you the impression that I was outside to do your eyes a favor. I'm so sorry for misleading you.

But while we're on the topic, I just thought you were oh so clever yelling, "I'd tap that ***" out your window while slowing down to watch me run. And for the record, I would like you to know, I want nothing to do with tapping you. Not even with a 10 foot pole. You can pass this message along to your friend who was nailing shingles onto a roof...His grunting at me and making obscene gestures really made me want to climb up his ladder as quick as I could, throw myself on him and have his babies. No really. It did. [please note my sarcasm - I actually secretly hoped that he would fall off the roof and break his arm].

You probably didn't notice it in all your haste to honk, whistle, yell, and do anything in your power to get my attention, but I wear this tiny little thing on the ring finger of my left hand while I'm running. It's got little diamonds on it and I'm actually quite fond of it. Now I know it's not exactly recognized in this day and age as anything of importance, but it is quite important to me. It means faithfulness. It means trust. It means love, hope, endurance, mercy, forgiveness, blood, sweat, tears. It means hard work. It means compromise. It means staying up until 3am to resolve an argument. It means sacrifice. And it sure as heck does not give you the right to hit on me while I am running. I am not eye-candy. I am NOT there for your pleasure. I am out there for mine. And I refuse to let YOU take the pleasure out of running for me.

So pick a different girl to hit on. Because you are getting nowhere with me. I'm devoted to my husband and more than that, I am devoted to GOD. And right now I'm praying that God will work in your heart in a severe way, because you need it.

Signed,
The blonde that you pissed off today.

3 comments:

d.kunz said...

I LOVE this note!

I'm gonna make sure my children's children's children get a copy!


and FYI - i've got a flashlight that will temporarily blind someone... light enough to carry when you run... i'm just saying...

:0) said...

haha Libby, this note is SO funny!!!
i know you don't find it quite as funny, but HEY you just have to deal with the repercussions of being so INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! you sure do turn heads miss LIBBY! =o)

*oh, i think Dusin's fashlight sounds awesome! i want one!

thanks for calling yesterday...you have no idea how much i've missed talking with YOU!!!!!!!!!!

i loveYOU!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to free game park play free game pc, there have more free game to play, as family feud free game & chess free game.