Saturday, October 13, 2007

House Hunters

Happy Saturday!

Greg and I looked at homes today...actual homes with real furniture, painted walls, more than one bedroom, bathroom, lots of counter space, a garage and a yard. I'm hooked. I've never been one to enjoy the whole apartment thing...I mean, we pay every month and what do we get? Well...yes, we do get a roof over our heads and everything, but we don't own anything. We have to deal with workers coming into our apartment whenever they want (which in reality isn't all that often...but still!) We have to deal with noisy neighbors and taking Riley down the stairs every time she needs to pee (which seems like it's every 10 minutes). I'm so ready to be in a house.

Granted it will probably be August before we're in one...but it just seems so much more real when you go look and can imagine yourself in one. We'll probably go to Leander or Cedar Park because the houses are significantly cheaper for the space than they are in Round Rock or Austin. I am in love with the Plantation homes. They're a bit more expensive than D.R. Horton...but so, so nice! This one is my favorite in pictures - they didn't have a model of it, but it seems like a nice fit!

I haven't run all week...That's not going to be fun tomorrow when I have to make up a 5 mile run that I intentionally missed this week. I just really haven't had any desire to go run at all. Like it's been the farthest thing from something I've wanted to do all week long...and that's really strange for me. I think part of it is because I was sore until Wednesday from my ten mile run (and my toenails STILL hurt if you push on them hard!)...I got fitted for new tennis shoes today and they have lots of room in the toes...So hopefully that means no more bruised toenails ;) I'm going to work really hard on getting my runs in this week. 13 miles on Saturday AND then a wedding from 3-11...yikes.

Pictures from Yesterday:


My pretty new car






The only hint of fall Texas will see this year







It's been a long, very fun, "last" Saturday for me :) And now it's time for bed!

2 comments:

d.kunz said...

your dog is too freakin' cute to be posted in public! I'm DEFINITELY getting one when I get home...

3 bedrooms eh... WHICH ONE DO I GET?! I'm not picky, ya know!

I live with 5 other guys right now... not as cool as the last 4 guys I lived with. All I want is to get into an apartment of my own... but i'm excited about YOU guys getting a house! And when you think about it, August really isn't that far away...

:0) said...

ok, Libby I cannot stop thinking about your 'bruised tonenails.' you are SO funny!!!!! (i know your toes really do hurt and i shouldn't laugh, but i love how you say its your toenails! *grin*) i hope that your feet are feeling much better!

your little girl is super cute!!!! =o) you have restored my faith in little dogs (haha - i'll tell you why later).

a house? thats super exciting! August is really not far away at all!!!! that will give you plenty of time to find what you want and what will be best for your family. =o)

*i'm with Dustin... do i get a bedroom??? hey, i am family =o) *wink*